Google keeps the surprise element alive every now and then by presenting Search insights in an interesting way. This time too, they made a dedicated mini website focusing on the Oscars award ceremony every year, based on & followed by the Search volume received for nominated movies .
Google’s the Oscars website features many insights about the movies nominated for the Academy Awards.
Its a nice resource for all the movie buffs to follow their favorite movies, actors and directors in one place. See below for details
- The complete list of nominees per category
- Details about the nominated Movies & their showtimes
- Winner prediction for each category based Google Search volume
- Promotional Movie collection on Play Store, depending upon if the Google Play Movie Store is available in your country
- Android app for the Oscars
- Oscar Nominees ballot PDF
- Interesting Award acceptance speech videos. You can create and send your videos too.
- Create Google+ hangout with friends to discuss on the Oscars
- And, very cool Map laying shooting locations or birthplaces of your favorite nominees in the Oscars
All of these elements are very engaging on a website and offers all needed information about all the nominees.
Google Search Picks the Oscar Winners
Not just that – it was exciting to see the predicted Oscar winners based on the number of searches made by people on Google Search. For instance as per their insights; Argo is a winner of the Best Picture, Hugh Jackman is a winner of Best Actor, Jennifer Lawrence is a winner of Best Actress while Hon. Steven Spielberg sir is a winner of the Best Director award. Interesting insights, aren’t they?
That’s why I said, it’s interesting to follow the Oscars on this new mini website made by Google where, the information is based on Search insights & which might change depending upon the search volume by the time the Oscars 2013 event starts this Sunday.
Here is a link to The Oscars website by Google and do share with us how do you like it in comments.
Share & Discuss This Article On Google+