Xiaomi (or Mi India) today launched their another flagship phone Mi4 after the huge success of their Mi3 Android smartphone a few months ago in India. For some reason – they never did more flash sales on Flipkart later. Anyway, let’s talk about the latest Mi4 in India. You can win the new Mi4 by participating in our giveaway.
Mi4 has always been the most anticipated phones after company’s recent success, however, the 16GB model could be a big turn-off for many people. The Mi4 doesn’t have support for the external storage & in that case, launching a 64GB model could have made more sense.
Also, the tag of Rs. 19,999 does not directly justifies the price based on the storage capacity, because of the rival OnePlus One which is selling their 64GB model at Rs, 21,000 through Amazon India. All other specifications look pretty sane though.
If you ask me, the highlight feature of the new Mi4 is its camera. The phone has 13MP primary camera & the 8MP front camera. From the fastest autofocus to shoot first, focus later, recording 4K videos to enhanced selfie filters, are the key elements of the Mi4 camera.
An intelligent dynamic flash mode, which – captures two photos, one using the flash & one without it – then combines both photos to present you with the best possible result of clear foreground & brighter background. And, this all is truly impressive. We can only find out more when we use for about a week or two at various places.
The Mi4 comes with MIUI V6 UI layer over the Android KitKat 4.4.4 & supports single GSM SIM (regular size). I’m not sure, but definitely expecting them to ship a micro SIM holder like they did for other Xiaomi phones recently. This is to make sure an easy migration from other rival phones which support Micro SIM cards only.
IR Blaster on Mi4 makes it possible to use as a remote control for television, home appliances, smart home equipment, music players, etc. Currently it supports approx. 2850 various devices & support for more devices will be made through the software updates.
Honestly, the Mi4 looks like a mixture of Samsung & iPhone. The overall form factor is inspired by Samsung, whereas the entire build quality & style is copied from Apple. But, when you see it, you will definitely say it’s done well.
- Processor: Snapdragon 801 2.5 GHz quad core
- OS: Android KitKat 4.4.4 with MIUI 6
- Display: 5 inch Full HD (1920×1080) IPS display with Gorilla glass
- Camrea: 13MP rear & 8MP front camera with 4K video recording at 30fps
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16GB (13.27GB usable)
- External Storage: NA
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4, USB OTG, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, IR blaster for remote control
- Battery: 3010 mAh with approx. 280 hrs of stand-by time on 2G
- Quick Charge: Accelerates battery charging by 75%
How to buy?
As you must be knowing already, Mi phones are sold exclusively through flash sales & you must first register for each flash sale during the registration window. Then, stay focused & but it as soon as the sale starts. These phones have a reputation of going out of stock within 5 seconds. You can register & buy the new Mi exclusively on Flipkart here.
Mi4 64GB Variant
After plentiful criticism by Indian consumers across Mi India’s social media pages & very dull response for the Mi4 16GB model flash sale, seems like the company has decided to launch 64GB variant in India on February 24, 2015. Well, that’s a good decision because, otherwise the clear winner was the ‘OnePlus One’.
We’ve decided to upgrade & extend this giveaway from Mi4 16GB to 64GB to make it more sense. Good, isn’t t?
Chance to win the new Mi4 64GB – participate in our giveaway
Well, it’s been a long time since we did our last giveaway here on TechZoom. Hope you guys would love to participate in it. The giveaway will end exactly on 28th February 2015 11:59 pm India time. The one winner will be picked randomly from all fully eligible participants. International readers are welcome to enter this giveaway. We’ll arrange for the International shipping.
- The contest closes on February 28, 2015 at 11:59 pm IST (Or, 1 week after the Mi4 64GB sale – whichever comes first)
- Completing ALL the steps shown are mandatory to be eligible for the giveaway. Incomplete entries will be disregarded.
- Only ONE winner will be picked
- The contest is managed through the RaffleCopter software and the winner would be picked randomly by the same. The result provided by RaffleCopter would be final and binding to all
- The system checks for all fully eligible entries. So, no tricks allowed.
- The winner will be notified by E-mail, so make sure you’re using a valid email address
- The contest is open for International readers. We’ll take care of the shipping.
- Please don’t spam, or abuse anyone through comments. You will be disqualified if found doing so.
- We reserve the right to modify, cancel or extend this contest.
- This giveaway is not sponsored or endorsed by Xiaomi or Mi in India.
Winner Announced. Congratulations 🙂
Wow guys, thanks so much for the participation. As promised, we have the winner. Congrats Rahul Yadav, please check your inbox (email@example.com) & do send us your address details asap. We’ll be shipping the device this week. Don’t forget to send us a picture of you when received.
All others, don’t lose hope – we’ve another equally exciting giveaway coming up on March 15, 2015. Cheers 🙂