Table of Contents
‘Open Source softwares are a next big thing’, somebody predicted a few years back and nobody can deny this statement now. There are many such free, open source softwares available for Windows as well, that can replace popular yet expensive, productive software, including Operating Systems like, ReactOS, MS Office, Acrobat and more.
Note that, Open Source not necessarily is a free software system. It is primarily that the software code is openly shared between the developers, contributors so that they can add features they would like to see in that particular software.
If the community decides to make the software paid, they eventually can. Whereas a free software can choose to stay in non-open source as decided by their makers.
About the free PDF Creator?
PDF Creator is one these free, open source softwares that can replace Adobe Acrobat up to an extent, but still suffice the need of a non-advanced PDF file users. It is developed by a group PDFFORGE
With this free PDF Creator, it is possible to print any document or web page as PDF via Print menu. PDF Creator is compatible with any windows program / application. We can use it as a Server to serve the creation of PDF over network like a shared network printer.
Printing web pages into PDF is required by many of us to print, Email Messages, IRCTC Railway Tickets, Flight Tickets, Movie Tickets, Discount Coupons and so on, when printing them on paper is not available or we want to share these documents over email. PDF created with PDFCreator is compatible with Adobe PDF Reader or Foxit PDF Reader, which are available for free.
PDFCreator is an open source application that can create PDF files from just about any program that prints using windows printers. With PDFCreator you can create PDF’s, Postscript and Encapsulated Postscript files, create images from your documents, combine documents and much more.
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc
- New: Digitally sign your PDFs to ensure that you are the author and the file has not been modified
- New: Create PDF/A files for long-term archives
- Send generated files via eMail
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
- AutoSave files to folders and file names based on Tags like Username, Computervname, Date, Time etc.
- Merge multiple files into one PDF
- Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
- Terminal Server: PDFCreator also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
- And the best: PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use! It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.
- Supports Windows Vista and Windows 7
Print dialog box of PDF Creator
Print options for PDF Creator
You can read more and download it free from PDFCreator Website. This is a great alternative to paid Acrobat software to print and create PDF from any document, web page and from any Windows application.