This post brought to you by GFI. All opinions are 100% mine.
When you decide to select a good antivirus software, it’s often mis-leading and confusing to zero down on one product. The same thing happened to me too but now, I am using Kaspersky Internet security for last three years. Never faced any issues regarding the protection but it does consume 99% of my CPU while performing few tasks and that disappoints.
There were few cases in these last three years when, my computer performance went down significantly, creating jerky mouse movements, distorted audio while scanning is in progress etc while using it. Ironically, disabling this security softwares worked all the time. But, I tend to stick with it because it does keep me away from serious system threats.
So, should I compromise on performance for results? Well. the answer may vary from person-to-person according to experiences so far and with so many security products in the market – the decision is hard to form.
Recently, I thought of giving a shot to this new so-called ‘High performance antivirus’ – Vipre. So, How was my review? What do I think of Vipre? Will I suggest you to buy? Well, let me first share some information about it and then I will let you decide on this.
Vipre is an antivirus security software for your Windows computer which is light-weight and very effective that does not slow down your PC. You can see the chart below to see how effective it is compared to some other leading antivirus softwares. Viper, mainly has two versions. Vipre Home which consist of Antivirus and anti-spyware while Vipre Home Premium consist of Antivirus and Firewall. Premium version is a total security and I would recommend to try this version instead of just an antivirus. If you’re using any other Firewall software then only you should select Vipre Home edition. See comparison here.
Vipre Anti Virus Features
- Very fast installation (No reboot required)
- Fast Windows Start-up
- Simple and clean user interface compared to any other Antivirus program
- Two-way Firewall
- Protection against threats with low impact on system resources while keeping the high performance of the system.
- Technological advancements and entire newly written code by Sunbelt
- Hence, Vipre delivers a unique antivirus and anti-spyware engine
- Advanced rootkit technology
- Real-time monitoring
- Complete protection against email-borne threats
- One universal license for all the Windows PCs at home.
- With few extras like: Secure file eraser: Securely deleting of files without any traces, History cleaner: Much more than Browser’s function, PC Explorer: Display processes and services running which are known to be malicious
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows XP
- Minimum of 512MB RAM
- Minimum 150MB Disk Space Available
- Broadband Internet connection
Vipre Video Demo
Where to Buy?
I will be posting more on this once I use it for a longer time. Did you download the Trial? If not, then download now from VIPRE Antivirus software. I would suggest to read more VIPRE antivirus reviews online or ask your friends for their experience before you buy. You shall know the difference.
Do send your views and like us on Facebook to get latest updates.