Table of Contents
Mobile devices are the next best thing. We all know. Everyone has it, everyone uses it on a regular basis for other than phone features to read & download emails, play games, social networking, file-sharing from home to office & vice-versa. Things get complicated when people don’t pay good attention to skeptical links, regular anti-virus updates on computers, sharing files between devices. Such un-attended issues lead to malware or virus transfers between devices.
Android is the latest victim of malware activities and data thefts when people download and install apps from third-party websites.
IOS devices like iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are not known to any known malware or virus at the moment, but we carry files that are coming from other systems which might have them. These then will get transferred and can cause damage if antivirus database is not updated on our computer.
INTEGO brings VirusBarrier – (first) anti-malware & antivirus app for an IOS device as an extra second layer of protection on iPhone, iPod and iPad. This is a paid app with extra low-cost yearly subscription.
First year subscription is free once the app is bought from iTunes store. This app can be very handy for many of us because of its features, like scanning files on remote locations such as Dropbox or MobileMe or web drive accounts. Especially if you don’t pay good attention on file sharing and your iOS device is jailbroken.
The function of this antivirus is slightly different due to an IOS’s security policy which does not allow automatic scanning or scheduled scan of file systems, making it an on-demand antivirus protection which can be used when you select any file to be shared.
- Scan files received by e-mail, on remote locations, or on iOS devices
- Scan files for Mac, Windows and Unix viruses and malware
- Scan files for spyware, Trojan horses, adware, hacker tools, dialers, keyloggers and more
- Scan ZIP archives
- Repair infected files
- Scan email attachments*, files downloaded from Safari*, and files accessed by applications supporting inter-app file transfers*.
- Scan remote locations in the cloud, such as Dropbox, iDisks and WebDav disks
- Scan websites for known phishing URLs, web threats, and malware hosting
- Automatically updates malware definitions
- Complete scan in the background
- App purchase Includes one year subscription to Intego’s market-leading malware definitions, usually updated twice a week
- Additional extra updates for when threats are discovered
Supported file formats
VirusBarrier works on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 4.0 or later.
VirusBarrier Link & Price
VirusBarrier is available to buy on iTunes Store for $2.99 (including a one year subscription) and additional yearly subscription is available for $1.99 via in-app purchase option.
VirusBarrier is a neat Antivirus for iPhone & acts like a second wall of defense if you want to be extra safe and secured.