I received a newsletter from HostGator couple of days back, announcing launch of their India operations and I was the first person to be happy about this step after their own team! Yeah and there are valid reasons to see Hostgator in India.
Let me start with the background for my happiness. This post might help you understand web hosting scene in India and how it might change in days to come. This post is not sponsored by HostGator so feel free while you read it. 🙂
Why I am happy to see HostGator India?
TechZoom.Org was previously hosted with Servage account. I liked their service, I still have one account with them but somehow was not quite happy with the response time. TechZoom.Org also faced about 5 hours of downtime and each downtime was of minimum of 30 minutes. So I decided to shift this website to another host.
I searched on Google, asked people on Twitter for suggestions to find a good host that fits my budget still provides good reliable support.
There are hundreds of websites providing ratings and reviews for top 10 web hosting services. I checked almost all of these websites. The only thing common I found in all the ratings was HostGator. It was the only company that was listed somewhere between rank 3 to 7 on each web host ranking while others were not even present in the list on many but were ranked 1st on few top 10 ratings.
After noticing this, I was very sure to register an account with HostGator. I was so impressed that I even transferred my domain to them from Net4India. And to cream this, HostGator also renewed my domain for extra 1 year. Good, eh?
I like Net4India too because I have one account with them since the first when I learnt about Internet. They provide unlimited data transfer which no other Indian company provided. But I use their hosting services to limited clients that are only looking for static website hosting. Things are expensive for database driven websites like Drupal, WordPress, Joomla etc.
Hostgator India: Unlimited Disk Space, Unlimited Bandwidth, Unlimited MySQL Databases, Unlimited POP3 accounts, WordPress Hosting, CPanel, Stats & Lots more for approx. Rs. 3600/- per year
Net4India: 5GB Linux Space, Unlimited Bandwidth, 1 MySQL Database, WordPress Supported, No Email Accounts, No CPanel, No Stats for approx. Rs. 34,192/- per year
Rediff Hosting: 20MB Linux Space, Unlimited Bandwidth, 1 MySQL Database, WordPress Supported, No Email Accounts, Web Stats for approx. 2400/- per year
IndiaTimes Hosting: 1GB Linux Space, 5GB Monthly Bandwidth, 5 Emails, 1 MySQL Database for approx. Rs.3,000/- per year
Some of the Indian web hosting providers are resellers of US-based hosting companies which I have not included here. I would prefer buying from US than the resellers here.
HostGator quick facts
- Founded: 2002
- Headquarters: Houston, Texas
- Employees: 750+
- Customers: More than 400,000 shared, reseller, and dedicated customers. Customers range from technology veterans to people starting their first website.
- Technology: Hosts more than 5.0 million websites on over 12,000 Intel-powered servers running Linux CentOS.
Since launching in 2002, HostGator has seen incredible growth. HostGator is now one of the 10 largest hosting companies in the world with many awards and accolades for our remarkable service and reliability.
With the large amount of growth throughout the years, HostGator has been greatly expanding, both in the USA as well as internationally. We are proud to announce the newest HostGator addition; the launch of HostGator India!
We are even offering a free 7 day test/trial of our shared HostGator India accounts (for you, our current HostGator clients only). Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to take advantage of this!
HostGator India will allow our current and future clients the opportunity to receive local hosting with servers in India, as well as localized support from our new office in India as well for HostGator India clients! Our Indian operations have already started and our Indian office is located in Nashik, Maharashtra. The Indian office works 24×7 and provides technical as well as sales and billing support to our HostGator.In client base.
We offer the same top notch performance servers now hosted locally in India an on our owned IP addresses.
What to expect from HostGator India?
- HostGator is one of the top 10 web hosting companies worldwide. Its presence in India will make sure the following
- Website access speeds are going to be much higher within India & Asia for websites hosted on HostGator India
- Their support is top notch & my doubts were cleared within half an hour, no matter what time of the day they popped up. Online live chat with their executives are so great that we don’t even need to create support tickets.
- Expect the same type of localized support from their India office.
- Their web hosting plans are same & as cheap they offer in US. They will start transactions with Indian Currency and through Net-banking very soon.
- Their Promotions, Offers will now be tailor-made for India.
- Existing US customers needs to create separate account for India. There is no one click transfer system available. (But that’s fine I guess)
- Web sites hosted with HostGator are accessible via a fully meshed and redundant Certified Cisco Network feature 5 backbone and fiber providers including: Tata Telecommunications, VSNL, BSNL, Airtel, Reliance
How to contact them?
HostGator India office address: 1st Floor,Vijay Chambers, Opp. Cricket Ground, Mahatmanagar, Nashik -422006
Phone: +91-253-6641-555 | Toll Free: 1800-209-8833
Since HostGator India is a relatively new in India, they are very well experienced in their business and professional in approach. I would like Indian talent grabbing this opportunity and find a job in HostGator web hosting. I am sure they have plenty of experience to share and offer more than just the salary.
I am writing this because I already have an account with HostGator. I am very much satisfied by their services until now and their India launch made my face happier. It just happened within 1 month from the date I bought their services and now think my decision was correct.
I think, they would change the web hosting game in India as their tag line very rightly says “We eat up the competition”. And I would like to see that too.
Indian bloggers now have better opportunity to host their blogs within India with one of the best in the world web hosting company. Do your own research, talk to Hostgator in India executives to get more information before you buy their services. I won’t take the blame but I am sure they won’t disappoint you!