Yesterday I came across this awesome little app developed by Google Mobile bringing Google’s translation service on iPhone and Android.
The noticeable thing about this Google Translate app is, we can listen to the translation at the same time, we can also see the full screen language script in which the translation is made. This gives a fairly nice view of the language script, good if you want to learn how to write like that. We can also speak into this app instead of writing.
Google Translation app for iPhone and Android
Translate words and phrases between more than 50 languages using Google Translate for iOS. For most languages, you can speak your phrases and hear the corresponding translations.
Google Translate features:
- Translate text between 57 languages
- Translate by voice by speaking the text instead of typing it (15 languages)
- Listen to your translations spoken aloud (23 languages)
- Display translations in full-screen mode to make it easier for others to read
- Star your favorite translations for quick access, even when you’re offline
- Access your translation history, even when you’re offline
- Spell out the translation of non-Latin script languages (e.g. Chinese, Japanese, etc.) in Latin characters to read it phonetically (e.g. Pinyin, Romaji)
- View additional dictionary results for single words or short phrases
Which languages are supported in Google Translate App?
Following are the languages supported by Google Translate
Afrikaans, Albanian, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Arabic, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Irish, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish
Google Translate on Desktop / Laptop
Google Translate on iPhone and Android
This app is available for FREE on iTunes Store as well as on Android Market.
Google Translate can be used on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch with iOS 3.0 and above and requires Android OS 1.5 and above
It’s very the same Google Translation that we can use on Desktops and Laptops but in added benefit and unique feature of Google Translate app is – we can see larger, full screen language script that helps us understand how the script is most commonly written in any particular language.