Table of Contents
Recently, I received a privilege to check this promising business card reader for iPhone from the makers Penpower Technology Ltd. The name of the app is WorldCard Mobile.
Personally, I am not a big fan of using business cards – somehow, I never liked them to carry with me since the digital technology has evolved a lot. I found it more cool, to just shoot an email from the place itself to the email address with my information. Much easy, eh?
But then, all other people are not like me! They do print fancy and awesomely designed business cards on expensive papers to crack that first impression. If someone offers me – I carry those cards to my office & put it in a cupboard.
The real test was, when I needed to recall any of those persons I happened to meet few weeks back. I need to scan through all of those business cards – sometimes, only to find – I have lost it.
I tried some of the business card readers or business card scanners for my iPhone on iTunes Store but none of them impressed me much. They were just making too many mistakes & it was almost like typing the business card on my own. 🙂 I removed them all until I received an email to check WorldCard Mobile for iPhone.
My previous experience wasn’t all that great with business card reader, so I was a bit skeptical at the beginning. But, when I actually used WorldCard Mobile – I was surprised to see the accuracy of this iPhone app.
How to use WorldCard Mobile
As I said above, this is a very easy-to-use app & works like a charm. All we have to do it as follows
- Open WorldCard Mobile app
- Select Camera from a nice User Interface of this app
- Make sure to keep the business card on a flat & well-lit surface
- WorldCard Mobile also has a reference watermark appearing for alignment & placement of the business card that needs to be scanned. Just follow this & place your card
- Once you’re set – you can simply tap the stabilizer + timer button & it will capture an image of the card.
- Simply tap ‘Recognize’ button on top & done.
It truly works as quick & smooth as that. No manual entries needed. No typo errors. No more confusion in your contacts.
WorldCard Mobile Features
- It has one of the best & accurate text recognition system.
- It has a Business Card Holder function – works just like a physical card-holder to view & manage scanned business cards
- Create groups of contacts for better management of contacts like Clients, Vendors, etc.
- Awesome camera shake reduction for better image capture.
- Capture email signature & store that information in Contacts.
- Auto save contacts upon scan. Which means you don’t need to worry about hitting a save button.
- We can also merge new data into existing contacts
- Manual cropping if the recognition was partial
- Another interesting ability is, it can differentiate business cards from saved pictures.
- Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn integration
- We can export card details to Excel / CSV / Gmail file.
- It can recognize 16 languages including: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Dutch, Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish.
- One click switch from/to any language
- Built-in QR code recognition in latest version. The video below was captured with earlier version.
- Backup business cards on iCloud or to your Dropbox storage.
Requirements & Link
WorldCard Mobile works best with iPhone 3GS / 4 / 4S, iPod touch & iPad for iOS 4 or later. Using iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 4th gen is not recommended due to the camera’s inability to auto-focus.
WorldCard Mobile business card reader is available for $6.99 – This app undoubtedly is full of neat features but, I think it is little over-priced. I would have loved to see the price tag of $3.99 (I thought so, may be because I am not a frequent or heavy user of business cards)
WorldCard Mobile is a must-have business card reader app for all the professionals for better management of business card information digitally. No need to worry about loosing or miss-placing that one important business card, again. 🙂
I am sure you would love this app. Do share your views on this app