In a Nokia World event held in Dubai – Nokia announced numerous product lineups, including the most anticipated Nokia Tablet – Nokia Lumia 2520, powered with Windows RT 8.1 – that we were waiting since long. This is the first time when Nokia has decided to bring Windows Phone on to a larger displays than they ever did. So yes, this was a major announcement for the company & we can call it a step-up considering large market share is still held between iOS and Android.
Nokia Lumia 2520 eventually competes with their own Surface tablet (As, Microsoft now owns Nokia). However, despite the innovative design – Microsoft Surface failed to make huge sales. Probably, that was one reason – both companies, mutually might have agreed to bring same look & feel of popular Lumia series Smartphones on a tablet with the innovation of Keyboard Cover from Microsoft.
Nokia Lumia 2520 definitely looks great and color variations like; glossy red, glossy white, matte cyan, and matte black is very neat indeed. Nokia Lumia 2520 price of $499 for the basic model with $149 for keyboard accessory is also a very lucrative price point for the consumers.
- Processor: 2.2 GHz Snapdragon 800 processor (As good as Tegra 4)
- Display: 10.1 inch Full HD Display (1920 x 1080 resolution)
- OS: Windows RT 8.1
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB Internal & external storage slot with up to 32GB
- Model : LTE + WiFi
- Battery: 8000 mAh
- Connectivity: microUSB 3.0, HDMI ports on tablet, NFC and GPS
- Camera: 6.7 megapixel rear camera with Zeiss lens & 2.0 megapixel front facing camera
- Additional Accessory: PowerKeyBoard with full QWERTY keys with two extra USB 2.0 slots on it, for connecting USB pen drives.
Nokia also launched a smaller screen 1520 phablet in the same event. These announcements coming early, over a backdrop of today’s Apple event along side, Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 2014 Edition launch events in India, looks interesting & the battle of tablets has certainly started. Do share your reaction with us in the comments below.