Table of Contents
Samsung today launched and added more feathers to their (royal) cap. One is Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and second is Samsung Galaxy Note. Both of these devices are powered by Android, dual-core processor and Super AMOLED HD display.
Galaxy Tab 7.7 as the name suggests, is a 7.7″ tablet with features similar to the recently launched Galaxy Tab 750 / 730 except the screen size to make it more handy & portable. But I am not writing about it now.
The eye-catcher for me is, Samsung Galaxy Note. We can call it a Big Smartphone or a Small Tablet.
This looks like a direct competition or alternative to Dell Streak which failed to grab buyer’s attention and people looking to buy HTC Flyer can have a look at this as a small-sized alternative.
Consumer research indicates that people always want to do more tasks much better, even on the go, whether it is web browsing, email, games, or viewing photos and videos. To do all this, consumers carry multiple devices, because each device has unique benefits that work best in a particular situation. Therefore, consumers constantly switch devices to use the right device at the right time. Even for consumers with multiple smart devices, they still carry around a notepad for writing down ideas. There is an emerging desire for a primary device for on-the-go use that could consolidate the core tasks of multiple devices as well as recreate the ease and simplicity of using a pen and paper.
It has some amazing features that are not available in some of the other smartphones or small tablets. This one device can be used as a phone, tablet, planner, scribbling, inking,
- The world’s 1st 5.3″ (1200 x 800px , 285ppi) HD Super AMOLED display
- 1.4GHz dual-core processor
- A 2500mAh battery which is close to double the power of existing smartphone batteries & it is removable.
- Minimum scrolling & transitions to make full use of large display screen
- S Planner to easily manage complicated schedules
- S Pen as an added input method to full touch which is as fast and precise as real pen.
- Advanced S Memo optimized for S Pen to record all forms of ideas instantly with ease.
- Any screen can be instantly captured, freely cropped in any shape or form using the precision of S Pen.
- We can draw and send those ideas, etc via text messages, emails or using Samsung’s ChatON communication service.
- 8 megapixel camera with professional photography functions such as Exposure value, Focus modes, White balance, Metering, Guidelines, GPS tag, Panorama shots,
- 2 megapixel front camera
- 1080p Full HD video recording & playback
- 16GB internal memory
- Bluetooth® technology v 3.0 + HS’
- HSPA+ up to 21Mbps 850/900/1900/2100
- EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- and it is a 4G LTE ready device.
Galaxy Note does have value added features like Samsung TouchWiz, Samsung Live Panel UX, S Memo/ S Planner/ S Choice (Apps for GALAXY Note) and Samsung Apps.
The artistic freedom of a paper notebook with the benefits of smartphone technology allowing to create, edit and share with more styles. The predictive text is very precise in converting handwritten S Pen inputs to email or SMS, email messages. The pen is also useful in browsers to capture web pages and write notes around it. Samsung is also planning to release SDK for the S Pen to developers so that more third-party apps can be developed around the concept of using a pen.
Price in India
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 is priced at Rs. 34,990/- which I think is a justified price considering the features of this device.
Samsung is bringing many good devices in the market and now it looks like they’re competing with each-other on features and prices. 🙂
This looks like an awesome deal with Smartphone + Tablet + Pen + Doodling + Movies + Gaming.
Let me tell you guys… I used Galaxy NOTE for a long time. After using it I think, I haven’t seen any mobile device as addictive as this. It made me forget, my Galaxy TAB 10.1 🙂 – Clean, crisp, super-fast. It has the most amazing touch experience to beat iPhone or iPad anytime.
I sign-off on this Note :). Do send your comments and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook to get latest updates.
Source Samsung Galaxy Note