This is what happens when a Swiss heritage (since 1860) watch-making company tries to meet 21st century’s Avant-Garde technology – they create a stunning Android smart phone, focusing rich and brand conscious people having approximately $7000 to spare on a TAG Heuer mobile phone.
TAG Heuer LINK – a mobile phone with an advanced Android operating system, swiss engineering, french built, superb design, classy material and assembled by hands – is soon to be released all over.
This smart phone is priced at whopping $6,750 (€ 4,700) making it an exclusive choice of gadget for some individuals who like this kind of stuff. The best part of this smartphone is its design – it looks too good to be true, designed to be rugged and shock proof.
But, the downside of this phone is – it has merely a 256 MB internal memory and 8 GB microSD card.
Buyers can choose from plenty of material choices like, 316L Stainless steel, Gold, Diamonds, Black PVD, Titanium, Rubber, Calfskin leather, Carbon leather, Alligator and Lizard.
And yes, this phone comes with TAG Heuer add-ons like customized screen designs, widgets, animations, wallpapers, icons and ring tones.
A luxury design object of ultimate prestige and performance
Luxuriously crafted and detailed, the TAG Heuer LINK incorporates the most prestigious materials and advanced components in the watchmaking and automotive worlds, including black PVD, diamonds and rose gold. The mirror-polished and fine-brushed stainless steel is premium grade surgical 316L, corrosion-resistant and hypoallergenic. The big display front is made from visually stunning, lightweight, and highly damage-resistant Gorilla glass®. The exclusive, hand-worked coverings are in calfskin, alligator or lizard. Every material, precious stone and exotic skin or leather is sourced within the strictest industry standards.
- Size: 118mm (H) x 67mm (W) x 16.6mm (D)
- Processor: 1 GHz
- Internal memory: 256 MB
- Memory card: 8GB
- LCM Screen: TFT 3.5”
- Music play time: 11 hours
- Video player and recorder
- OS: Android 2.2
- Form factor: Bar type touch screen
- Screen resolution: 800*480 pixels – 16 millions of colors
- 5 Mega Pixel Camera Auto Focus
- Weight: 200 grams (battery included)
- Edge & HSUPA (3G)
- 4 Band GSM/Tri Band WCDMA
- 3G Talk time: 6 hours 30 minutes
- Stand by time: up to 330hrs (~14 days)
- Battery included: Li-lon 1400mAh
- SMS / MMS / Email (Predictive Text Input XT9)
- Image formats supported: JPEG / GIF / BMP
- Sound formats supported: MP3 / AAC / AAC+ / RA / WMA
- Connectivity: Stereo Bluetooth, AGPS, Wifi, WAPI, Compatible with any SIM card
- Phone Materials: 316L Stainless steel, Gold, Diamonds, Black PVD, Titanium, Rubber, Calfskin leather, Carbon leather, Alligator and Lizard
As you could see, the TAG Heuer LINK is not one those powerful Android phones but the high price is clearly due to its material. I wonder who would buy this phone! But, we just had a nice visual treat for FREE, didn’t we? 🙂